Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Photo Tutorial: Coloring with ink pads (52 Weeks of Caring Cards: week 4)

Hello friends,
For today's Caring Card post, I have a short photo tutorial on how to color using your ink pads.  Sometimes you need a little color on a character or image (such as the flowers above) but you don't have a lot of time or you just want a more watercolored look (without all of the watercoloring tools!). 

I've shown before that I created the HYMN LINE of stamps with the ability to be colored with just a sponge (I use sponge daubers) and an ink pad around the edges (Here is HYMN GIRLS: JUNE with just a dauber and ink around the edges---took seconds to color her!):









Today I stared with these materials (and a green ink pad I didn't get a photo of!)
 I took the sponge dauber and inked around her:
 In order to add more depth to the inside of her face and areas the sponge dauber can't reach, I took a dry paint brush and put more ink in those areas:

 I wanted more color to her face (cheeks) and apron so I dampened my paint brush and put some of the victorial velvet ink on:

 I wanted the framing flower from this stamp pad  but wanted to keep the same muted colors so I used a dampened paint brush and colored in some of the flower:
 I added glitter and stamped a scrap piece of paper to show you the subtle difference the color and a little glitter makes:
 Here is a close up of the flower on the card:
 Here is the HYMN GIRL: ORNAMENTS character on the card:
 The finished card:
 And the inside:
I used the following Inspired Stamps for this project:
THINKING OF YOU  **NEW IN THE ETSY SHOP TODAY!!**

HYMN GIRLS: ORNAMENTS
Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
Thursday is our amazing Design Team creations and on Friday around noon you'll find NEW STAMPS in the etsy shop as it's our NEW STAMP RELEASE DAY!!
Blessings,
Antoinette

1 comment:

  1. I love how this is done so simply and quickly, and it makes such a nice card...Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!