Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Alcohol Ink with TILED BACKGROUND: 12 WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS CARD TUTORIALS week 7

Hello friends!
Today I have a tutorial on creating a tiled background with stamps.  Saturday I showed you how to get the background with alcohol inks on photo paper.  Today we will stamp a tree from Inspired Stamps FIR TREES (one of our first sets 4 years ago and still so popular!) onto the inked background.  Just use permanent ink, not dye based.  I cut into fourths:
AND added STICKLES to the tree for some snowy sparkle!
NExt... 
I glued to the purple BO BUNNY paper and the black cardstock, which created a window view!
I wanted to add one of my favorite snowmen from the Inspired Stamps: SNOWMEN set so I cut a piece of white paper same as the lower right window pane...

I saw about where I wanted my snowman to sit in the window, looking in at us...
Then I put the snowman onto the white piece of scrap paper that is the same size as the window pane, laid my snowman over, and cut out the extra parts of my snowman:
Then he sits perfectly looking in at us!!
I added another stamped image from the Inspired Stamps: SNOWMEN set and isn't he just HANDSOME sitting in there!!

The final card and inside:

I'll be back tomorrow with a cute and easy gift tag you may just consider making for your stamping friends!
Thanks for stopping by today!! 
Blessings,
Antoinette
www.etsy.com/shop/GodblessyourART   (free shipping on all US orders over $25 in November...come see all the Inspired Stamps (and this card will be up for sale too!)


1 comment:

Kind words welcomed here!