Tuesday, October 21, 2014

12 Weeks of Christmas Card Tutorials WEEK 10: GIFT CARD card

Hello friends!

We are busy busy busy this time of year as I'm sure you are too!  Today I have the 10th week post of our Christmas Card Tutorials with a really simple and really practical Card to make:  One that holds the gift cards all the teenagers (and some a little beyond the teenage years!) look for under the tree!  I have tons of nieces and nephews I don't live near that I always send a gift card to and this card style is easy enough for me to make them quickly and in production method!
I took a sheet of off-white cardstock and cut it to 5.5"x 9 inches.  I folded one end up an inch (and forgot to take a photo, but you'll see it clearly when I show the finished card photos) then folded the card base in half.  Here's the card itself using Inspired Stamps (HIS LITTLE ONES: WINTER GIRL, MATTHEW 1:21, and a sentiment from PERFECT CHRISTMAS SENTIMENTS) :
 Front of the card after it's folded in half and I rounded the bottom corners.  I used Bo Bunny paper (LOVE this winter paper) that you can find in the online store POWDER MOUNTAIN COLLECTION:
Below is a shot of the inside of the card.  You'll see the one inch strip at the base that was folded up and glued on the sides of the fold to make the pocket.  I used  a sentiment from Inspired Stamps' PERFECT CHRISTMAS SENTIMENTS on that 1" strip, background stamped a tree from FIR TREES and stamped JOHN 14:6 over that so the verse would pop:
 Here's a close up of the top:
 In the bottom I took 2 glue dots and a piece of ribbon and made a little loop so the gift card can be easily removed.  I always put a glue dot to hold the gift card in place so it doesn't fall all over the place in the mail:




I hope this gave you a quick idea on making some easy gift card holders this year!  The DT is back Thursday and then Friday another of our Christmas Card tutorials will be shared!  Hard to believe only 9 weeks until Christmas then!!

Blessings,
Antoinette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words welcomed here!