Friday, October 25, 2013

12 Weeks of Christmas Tutorials with His Little Ones Characters: WEEK 4: 4" glass ornaments!

Hello friends!

Ok, this little His Little Ones stamp set is the HLO: angel stamp...and he is so brand new he is not even in the Inspired Stamps store until November 7th when he will debut as one of our new release stamps!!  So you are getting a SNEAK, sneak peek!!  But he was so perfect for my project today, I just HAD to share him with you early!!  And HLO: ANGEL stamp will be the giveaway to one person who comments on this week 4 tutorial (either here or on the facebook page!)---announced in next week's week 5 tutorial!

I have had a couple sets of these 4" ornaments laying around for a long time, knowing I wanted to put a stamped His Little Ones scene in them one day...and today's the day!:

You will want to have:
1.  the flat 4" circle ornaments (as shown above, they aren't completely flat, but have more flatted sides to them than the round)
2.  a colored His Little One stamped character with separate inked phrase (or another stamped image of similar size 2x3--our Single Scripture stamps (2x2) work great in here too...just put one Scripture back to back with another Scripture, then when it turns you can see the other Scripture :o)
3.  clear tape
4.  inside decor (I have feathers for my angel's back and long glitter pieces sprinkled in to represent snow or clouds...you could put in a piece of pine, mini pine cones, buttons, etc.)

First thing I did was to put the feathers inside and tape them to the back to hold them in place (feathers first, then tape....or the feathers won't go in as they get stuck on the tape)
Then color your His Little Ones character (I used Copic markers for the head, but STICKLES glitter for the body, feet, and wings and a little yellow Stickles for the hair along with light Copics), cut him out and roll him in  (He is not colored in the sample below):

Once He is in you put a little clear tape on the front of the feathers and use tweezers to put him in place and smooth him out so he's not rounded.  I added my phrase 'oh holy night' from the Inspired Stamps VINTAGE CHRISTMAS stamp set and glitter at this point and used a clean, dry paint brush to wipe the glitter off his face and the front of the ornament glass so he is better seen:
I wish you could seen his feathers in better view but I found out through much trial and error that getting a photo of such a reflective ornament is NOT an easy task so this photo was the best I could get!

I hope you enjoyed this half as much as I enjoyed creating it!  I cannot put this stamp set away, and know he will be well loved by many upon his release in the online store November 7th!

MAXINE D YOU won week 3's $10 online store credit!  Congratulations!  You have until next week's post to email us to claim your prize:  inspiredstamps@gmail.com (be sure to let us know what email you are registered with in our online store so we can get that right in for you!)

Have a blessed weekend and I'll be back soon with more artwork to share!
Blessings,
Antoinette

www.inspiredstamps.com    (our RETIRING/CLEARANCE packs will only be for sale this week or while supplies last!  Shipping is running within 1 business day on most orders!!)

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I'd like to make some of those for my entire Bible study group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this ornament with the image in it - but being older I have so many ornament s and such a small tree that another one would get lost :-).
    Thank you for the prize - it is very much appreciated as I love your stamps.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty--I have made these before but this is so nice with the angel and the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feathers are such a cute addition. They are perfect----I like the use of a clear ball, too. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!