Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 12: Stamping Mixed Media: part 2 (layered canvas)

Hello friends!  Be sure to click on the 31 Days of Stamping Mixed Media link to the right of the blog to see part 1 of this post.  Here is where we left off; now the base is dry:

 Next, I stamped the verse I wanted from Inspired Stamps:  LABELMAKER VERSES:
 I tore out the first 3 words individually and left the last 3 as a set:  inking the edges:
 I wanted to tone down some of the areas so I applied gesso with a paper towel:
 I used a stamp from Inspired Stamps: BACKGROUND STAMPS and inked up a small section of it to stamp onto the canvas.  Clear stamps are great to use for this technique!
You can also apply paint to the clear stamp and press it to the canvas as shown in the next 2 photos:


 Just rinse off your stamp with clean water after using and your stamp will be fine!  Next I took HLO: praying boy and inked him up, matted him with black paper, and used foam to give him dimension:
 I used Momento black ink on the edges (you can use black paint, if you prefer):
 I stamped another stamp (the distressed song 'Holy Holy Holy' from BACKGROUND STAMPS) inked and matted it and then put the character with his mat on top before putting some white paint onto a toothbrush and flicking white splatters onto the entire canvas:
 I love charcoal pencils and used them on several places in this canvas; a stump will then blend it out:
 I added some metal, pearl brads, a flower, and bow to the canvas for this finished view:









I stamped the word PRAISE from the Labelmaker Verses in white ink at the bottom and added a metal arrow and more pearl spots to it.

I wish you could see this in person; I really really love the way it turned out and as good as photos are, they just don't capture the deep tones in this piece!

How is YOUR stamping mixed media coming?  Saturday Belinda has a post for us; Sunday is our Gratitude Art day; Monday DeNetra is back with a tutorial and then I'll be back on Tuesday for some Art Journaling fun!

Have a blessed day and thank you so much for stopping by and for any comments you leave!  We love to hear from you!
~Antoinette

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Great technique. The smugged charcoal adds great depth.

    Hope you will check out my blog this weekend. Having an online art auction to support American Cancer Society.

    www.krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--this turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antoinette, these mixed media tutorials have been fantastic; I've been wanting to try more mixed media so these are perfect! Your collage is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the colors on this, and love how it turned out. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!