Friday, October 19, 2012

12 Weeks of Christmas Tutorials: Week #3 Coasters with Inspired Stamps!

Welcome to week 3 of Inspired Stamps 12 weeks of Christmas tutorial.  Today CHERE has made a set of coasters and a coffee wrap.  TAKE IT AWAY CHERE:
 This would make a great gift for any coffee or tea drinker in your life.  Here are the supplies you will need to gather: tiles from the local home improvement store ( I usually buy Rialto white but could not find this time so used Agora almond), Staz-On ink, Staz-On ink cleaner, felt pads, stamps, plain cup wrap, rubbing alcohol.
 I cleaned all the tiles with rubbing alcohol and let dry and then stamped the verse and image on the tile.  Tip:  it is a good idea to leave the rubbing alcohol and a rag (I use old socks) nearby in case the image does not stamp evenly on the tile.  If you move quickly you can "wash" it off and re-try.  After I stamped my set of coasters with Proverbs 3:5 verse and tree from Ask, Seek and Knock set. I baked in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.  I also seal the coasters with spray acrylic, since wet drinks will be set on them you do not want ink to come off.  I then add the felt pads to the bottom.  This allows them to sit on furniture without scratching.


 Here is the finished wrap and coaster.  You could add a gift card or chocolates or tea bags inside the cup and wrap in a cello bag.  Below you can see my finished set of coasters.  I have seen similar sets in "crafty" shops for much more than it will cost you to make them.  I do suggest that you clean your stamps with Staz-On cleaner as soon as you finish to prevent a build up.

 I also have a stash of chipboard coasters.  I bought them on clearance, thinking I could alter them someday.  So this was the day.  You can see what they looked like to begin with and the finished product. I used Be Still Silhouettes for this coaster and distressed with distress inks.
I cut a piece of 4X4 piece of cardstock and stamped images.
 I used matte and seal by Ranger to attach paper to chipboard and then used sharp scissors to cut off excess and round corners of cardstock.  I also covered the back in the brown striped dp.  I then coated the coasters with more matte and seal to waterproof.  Quick and easy.  Let me know what you think!!   Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Antoinette           Come shop our online store: We ship most orders SAME DAY they are placed:

3 comments:

  1. Amazing idea! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coasters! They'll look good sitting on a coffee table with or without a drink on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coasters! They would look great just setting on a dinning table or coffee table!! Love your Tutoial

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!